The Conscious Aging Program was developed by the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) for mature individuals, whether they be retired, starting a new job, a new relationship, new life or are caring for the sick or elderly. The program serves people who recognize that growth, satisfaction and the ability to contribute to and engage with our communities as we age are the result of conscious decisions and preparation.
“The program consists of eight facilitated sessions in which participants learn to:
- Explore their unexamined, self-limiting beliefs and assumptions about aging and learn to make better choices about how to age more consciously.
- Develop the skills of self-compassion to cope more effectively with the stresses associated with aging.
- Discover what has given heart and meaning to their lives and how that can enrich their intentions for a healthy aging process.
- Identify the regrets, sufferings and negative self-concepts that have kept them from more fully appreciating themselves and their lives.
- Minimize any feelings of isolation from others and deepen their relationship with the world around them.
- Learn to manage their fears and those of their loved ones in the presence of death through the transformative power of surrender and acceptance.
- Cultivate a personal roadmap for their own aging journey by deepening their spiritual life and learning to make each moment matter.”
-Kathleen Erickson-Freeman Conscious Aging
INTRODUCTION TO CONSCIOUS AGEING is a one-hour introductory talk and question and answer session for those who wish to know more about the program.
To book the Introductory session, please contact Mary Jane.
The full CONSCIOUS AGEING PROGRAM is offered in two formats:
1. An eight-week schedule in which the group meets for two-hour workshops once a week for eight consecutive weeks.
2. Two intensive weekend workshops. Each workshop begins on a Saturday morning and ends on Sunday evening.
TWO-HOUR WORKSHOPS are offered for groups of 12 to 50 people.
ONE-TO-ONE SESSIONS are available to suit individual needs. Please contact Mary Jane for more information (831)345-8165
A limited number of reduced fee spaces are reserved for those needing financial assistance.
Please contact Mary Jane for more information (831)345-8165